Tuesday 1 September 2009

Squeezing some crafting in.

I have been busy with a major sort out – which I’ll tell you about another day - so that hasn’t left as much time for sewing and ‘niceness’ as i would have liked but i have got some odds and ends finished.

I made the next block for the Around the World quilting Bee. Dionne’s starter block was a house block so after been blown away with the little tiny house at the Festival of Quilts i was really itching to do a teeny teeny one.

This was good fun to make and i suspect that if anyone has seen just how much i stared and smiled at this block once it was done they’d think I’d lost the plot!



I have finished up the doll quilt for the DQS7



I quilted it really simply as i didn’t want to detract from the little strips of fabric. I am really rather proud of this and the hope that it will be loved by the recipient makes it much easier to part with.

This ‘quiltie’ is for the Butterfly Project at the Houston Holocaust Museum. if anyone else fancies making a Butterfly or two you can read more about it here.
The brief was to make a 2 dimensional butterfly no bigger than 8” x 10” and for me a mini quilt was the obvious choice. This was a really bittersweet project for me but I am honoured that this will represent just one of the children who lost their lives in the Holocaust and never got to fulfil their potential.



Last but certainly not least we had a visit from my niece and great-niece for breakfast and some of Curly Boys amazing french toast. It's always a joy when they come. My Mum raided my stash for some fabrics to make her a dress and they had saved it as a surprise for when they came. How cute does she look in it?