Wednesday 6 May 2009

A knife and fork would probably have done a better job

Is it only me that attempts to cut out with a blunt rotary cutter blade???

A couple of weeks ago I changed the blade and then more of less immediately ran over a staple with it. Gggrrrrr. Did I change the blade? No. Couldn't possibly as I had only just changed it, so I persevered with it even though I had to go over everything I cut twice, and then snip some of the missed threads with scissors.

After Curly Boy listened to me tutting and sighing (and swearing!) after every cut for God knows how long, he pointed out that I was allowed to change it.
I relented and all I can say is WOW! So little effort, no blisters (with having to press down so hard!) and no snipping off the missed threads.

The thing is, i KNOW i won't learn from it!

3 comments:

  1. I did the same thing a month or so ago. I hate to throw ANYTHING out that is still useful or could have a purpose. I eventually changed it but I felt bad for throwing it away.
    By the way the black floral fabric is: "My Sweet Home" by Fabri-Quilt, Inc. Patt #8969
    I hope you can find some. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! Check your inbox, spam box, or my blog for the info I need from you. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Been there...Done that!!! I just changed my blade after about 6 months of 'snipping uncut threads'...don't know why I didn't change it sooner...like night and day. BTW...thank you for the comment on my NEW blog...it was a surprise!

    ReplyDelete