Up until now I have resisted the urge for a few reasons:
- I really don't think I am witty or interesting enough for anything to think of reading my blog.
- Any time I'm spent blogging is time taken away from crafting/quilting.
- As blogging is likely reduce the crafty stuff, maybe there won't be enough stuff to talk about.
But, as sewing is generally a solitary pursuit (well...other than the cats being with me eating loose bits of thread off the floor!) i am feeling the need to connect with other people who 'get it'! People who understand why i would feel the need to:
- Cut perfectly good large pieces of fabric up into small pieces, and then sew them back together.
- Spend a whole weekend chopping scraps into 1" strips...
- Sit on the lounge floor in front of the telly sorting scraps by colour
- Stand for hours ironing and folding pieces of new fabric
- Cut the selvages of every piece of fabric i own (and believe me that's quite a lot!!)
- Sew 3069 hexagons together into a grandmothers flower garden quilt.
- Have a spare bedroom as a shrine to Heather Bailey
- Sit for hours with the Hancocks of Paducah catalogues and a pink Sharpie marker.
I guess you won't all be with me on all those points…..but at least you 'get it'.
I figured the best place to start would be to go through some projects I've completed, until I get into a groove - as I guess once I do there's isn't a hope in hell that you'll stop me talking!!
So...more to come...but please bear with me with the techy stuff!!